BCompSc(Hons), PGCE, MSc, MIfL, FHEA, IEEE(S)
I am a Visiting Researcher at the University of Chile (research visits in March 2014 and January 2015).
I also serve (or have served) as a reviewer for :
- Journal of Mobile Information Systems (Hindawi, IF: 1.462).
- ACM Web Science 2015.
- 8th International Conference on Sensing Technologies, ICST 2014. I was the Special Session chair.
- Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing. (Springer, IF: 0.835)
- IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics & Applications, ISIEA 2013
- 5th International Workshop on Smart Environments and Ambient Intelligence, SEnAmI 2013
- IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics & Applications, ISIEA 2012
- 4th International Workshop on Sensor Networks and Ambient Intelligence, SeNAmI 2012
- Personal and Ubiquitous Computing Journal. (Springer, IF: 1.498)
- Learning Analytics and Knowledge. Vancouver, Canada, March 2017.
- FutureLearn Academic Network meetup. Barcelona, Spain, January 2017.
- Computer Education Practice Conference. Durham, UK, January 2017.
- XIX Congreso Internacional EDUTEC 2016. Alicante, Spain, November 2016.
- 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (Ubicomp 2016). Heidelberg, Germany, September 2016.
- Contributed to the 3rd ACM-W WomENcourage conference. Linz, Austria, September 2016.
- High Impact Pedagogies Conference. Southampton, UK, September 2016
- HCI and the Educational Technology Revolution Workshop (HCIEd) in Advanced Visual Interfaces (AVI 2016). Bari, Italy, June 2016.
- Inspire to succeed: Transforming teaching and learning in STEM (#HEASTEM16). Higher Education Academy, Nottingham, January 2016.
- Contributed to the 9th International Conference on Sensing Technology (ICST 15). Auckland, New Zealand, December 2015.
- LACE SoLAR Flare 2015: Research into Practice. Society of Learning Analytics Research. Open University, Milton Keynes, October 2015.
- 2nd ACM-W WomENcourage conference. Uppsala, Sweden, September 2015 (where I led an unconference session in Data Mining).
- 1st Symposium on First Year Teaching: Reflecting on the changing needs of our students, Southampton, September 2015.
- WS Education Workshop, part of WEB SCIENCE 2015, Oxford, UK, June 2015
- Contributed to the 8th International Conference on Sensing Technologies (ICST 2014). Liverpool, UK, September 2014.
- 1st ACM-W WomENcourage conference. Manchester, UK, March 2014. (where I led an unconference session in Learning Analytics)
- Improving Student Satisfaction with Assessment and Feedback conference, Southampton, UK, February 2014.
- 7th International Conference on Sensing Technology (ICST). Wellington, New Zealand, December 2013.
- Digital Economies 2013: Open Digital (DE2013). MediaCityUK, Salford, UK, November 2013.
- EINS Network of Excellence in Internet Science Summer School. Annecy, France, October 2013.
- 2013 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (Ubicomp 2013). Zurich, Switzerland, September 2013.
- Anita Borg Scholars Retreat. Google Zurich,Switzerland, July 2013.
- 1st International Workshop on Internet Science and Web Science Synergies (part of WEB SCIENCE 2013, collocated with CHI 2013), Paris, France, May 2013.
- Digital Literacies Conference: The Online Learner and MOOCs, Southampton, UK, April, 2013.
- The 10th International Conference on Pervasive Computing (Pervasive 2012), Newcastle University, UK, June 2012.
- The Connected Past, Southampton, UK, March 2012.
- Contributed to the IEEE International Conference on User Science and Engineering (i-USEr 2010), Sha-Allam, Malaysia, December 2010.
- Workshop on Context Awareness in Pervasive Environments (CAPE 2010), Fribourg, Switzerland, 24-25 June 2010.
- II Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Adaptive Systems, ISAS’99. H. Mühlenbein and A. Ochoa (ed). La Habana, Cuba, 1999.
- XLVI AsoVAC Annual Convention. Venezuelan Association for the Promotion of Science, Barquisimeto, Venezuela, 1996.
- XXI Latin American Conference on Informatics, PANEL'95. Gramado, Brazil, August 1995.
- IFIP WG10.3 Working Conference on Applications in Parallel and Distributed Computing, Caracas, Venezuela, April 1994.
As a Teaching Fellow (2016- ), I am:
- MSc Mentors Coordinator
- Supervisor of four MSc projects
- Lecturer and examiner for: Interaction Design,Business Information Systems, Cloud Application Development, and Distributed Computing and Networks.
- Senior Tutor for ECS
- ECS representative in the Researching Assesment Practices SIG
As a Mayflower Scholar (2011-2016), I have been:
- MSc Mentors Coordinator (2011-2013, 2015- )
- Senior Tutor for ECS (provided assistance to Julian Field for a few weeks)
- Lecturer and examiner for: Computer Networking in Organisations, Wireless and Mobile Networks, Computer Networks, Data Communications Networks, and Distributed Systems
- Examiner for Cloud Application Development (COMP3207), Scripting Languages (COMP3001), Rich Internet Applications (INFO6005)
- Supervisor of two Part III projects for MEng in Electronic Engineering
- Supervisor of one Part III project for BSc in IT in Organisations
- Supervisor of one Part IV research project for an MEng in Computer Science
- Supervisor of one Part IV research review for an MEng in Electronic Engineering
- Co-supervisor of eight MSc in Web Technologies’ final projects, and
- Committee member in ECS Athena SWAN and in the Faculty Ethics Committee.