ECS, Faculty of Physical Sciences and Engineering
University of Southampton
Southampton, United Kingdom. SO17 1BJ
Position: Research staff in Communications, Signal Processing and Control
Telephone: Work (Voice): +44 (0)23 8059 9317
URI: http://id.ecs.soton.ac.uk/person/23765 [browse]
This list of people is sourced from
RKBExplorer, the result of an ECS project.
Click on the "explain" link to the right of each person to
find out how they are connected.
Note: the explain link requires heavy processing and may take some time to load.
Shaoshi Yang (SIEEE’09-MIEEE'13) received his B.Eng degree in Information Engineering from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT), Beijing, China, in July 2006, and the Ph.D. degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering from University of Southampton, U.K., in 2013. He is now working as a Research Fellow in University of Southampton, U.K. From November 2008 to February 2009, he was an Intern Research Fellow in Communications Technology Lab (CTL), Intel Labs China, Beijing, where he focused on Channel Quality Indicator Channel (CQICH) design for mobile WiMAX (802.16m) standard. His research interests include millimeter wave communications, massive/large-scale multiple-input--multiple output (MIMO) signal processing, multicell joint/distributed signal processing, cooperative communications, green radio and cross-layer interference management. Dr. Yang received a number of awards, such as the PMC-Sierra Telecommunications Technology Scholarship, the Electronics and Computer Science Research Studentship and the China Scholarship Council Scholarship. He is a member of IEEE/IET, and a junior member of Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, U.K. He also serves as a TPC member for a number of major IEEE conferences.
Honours and Awards
- Spitialfields Day -- "The Mathematical Legacy of Alan Turing'' Workshop Travel Grant, Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK, 2012.
China Scholarship Council (CSC) Scholarship, 2009-2013.
IEEE CCNC 2009 Student Travel Grant, 2009.
PMC-Sierra Telecommunications Technology Scholarship, 2008.
Outstanding Postgraduate Student Award of BUPT, 2008.
First-Class PhD Scholarship of BUPT, 2008-2009.
Table-tennis Men’s Singles Championship in High School, 2000.
China Hope Star Scholarship recipient (40 awardees nationally), granted by China Youth Development Foundation (CYDF) which is a leading non-profit organization in China; ranked 1st in Gansu Province, 1999-2002.
- IEEE Member.
- IET Member.
- Junior Member of Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK.
Invited Regular Reviewer
- IEEE Transactions on Communications.
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology.
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications.
- IEEE Communications Letters.
- IEEE Wireless Communications Letters.
- EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking.
- EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing.
- ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications Journal (MONET).
- The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Emerald COMPEL).
- IEEE GLOBECOM --- 2010, 2011, 2013
- IEEE ICC--- 2013
- IEEE WCNC --- 2011, 2012
- IEEE VTC --- 2011-Spring, 2012-Spring, 2012-Fall, 2013-Spring
- IEEE PIMRC --- 2012
- International German Information Technology Society Workshop on Smart Antennas (ITG WSA) --- 2011
- International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ICSPCS) --- 2012
- TPC member of 23rd Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (IEEE PIMRC'12), 9th-12th September 2012, Sydney, Australia.
- TPC member of 48th Annual IEEE International Conference on Communications (IEEE ICC'13), 9th-13th June 2013, Budapest, Hungary.
- 48th IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2013), Budapest, Hungary, 9th-13th June, 2013.
- India-UK Advanced Technology Centre (IU-ATC) of Excellence in Next Generation Networks, Systems and Services Project Workshop, Cambridge University, 30th-31st August, 2012.
- 8th IEEE Wireless Advanced (Formerly SPWC), King's College London, 25th-27th June, 2012.
- 13th IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2012), Paris, France, 1st-4th, April, 2012.
- Workshop on "The Mathematical Legacy of Alan Turing'' (Spitalfields Day), Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK, 9th January, 2012.
- Future of Wireless Access Workshop (EPSRC and IEEE VTS UKRI Chapter), Southampton, UK, 31st October-1st November, 2011.
- 7th IEEE Wireless Advanced (Formerly SPWC), King's College London, 20th-22nd June, 2011.
- 73rd IEEE VTC 2011-Spring, Budapest, Hungary, 15th-18th May, 2011 (Technical Program Assistant).
- 6th IEEE Wireless Advanced (Formerly SPWC), King’s College London, 27th-29th June, 2010.