The University offers a huge range of resources and study support across all our campuses to help you make the most of your learning experience.
Whether you need guidance on coursework or help finding an obscure journal, access to the internet or language lessons, we have the technology, services and resources to ensure you get the support you need.
- During term time your academic advisor will always be on hand to offer advice and guidance.
- Free wireless and networked high-speed internet access is widely available across all campuses and halls of residence, and in all the libraries.
- The University has five libraries.
- Specialist equipment and assistive technology are available for students with a disability, specific learning difficulty or chronic medical condition. The Wessex Needs Assessment Centre (WNAC) provides specialist assessments for students with disabilities and specific learning difficulties (dyslexia), many of whom are eligible for the Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA). Following assessment, students have access to ongoing support, advice and guidance.
- Our Centre for Language Study offers resources and language courses for students and staff across the University. Equipped with the very latest technology, the Centre has courses and resources in a wide range of languages, including Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Latin, Portuguese and Spanish. The main Language Resources Centre offers an extensive selection of publications, self-access materials, tutorials, audio-visual learning resources, reference materials and the latest multimedia software.
We have a great deal of experience in helping students through any personal difficulties they may encounter during their time here at the University.
Help and support in Electronics and Computer Science
From the start of your studies in Southampton, you will have your own personal tutor to help guide you through your time at the University and help you through your course. Your tutor will hold small group tutorials to make sure you get the most from your time at Southampton.
As well as lectures, practical lab sessions and tutorials, we run supervision sessions, in which staff members will help you to appreciate the lecture material and support your learning and understanding of technical knowledge.