Re: Evolving APS Copyright Policy (American Physical Society)

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_coglit.ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:00:11 +0100

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, martin blume wrote:

> Stevan,
> There seems to be a major foulup in the message below. the "revised
> copyright form" is really the OLD one, as is apparent from the name of the
> file. Also, I thought you were going to send the NEW one along with the
> explanation of the changes by Stanley Brown that I had sent you several
> days ago. It is embarrassing to see the old form, disguised as the new,
> going out to your list without any explanation, and under my name. Please
> correct this, and send me a draft of what you want to post, or else let me
> do that.
> Marty

Dear Marty,

I am sorry I misunderstood your message. (I thought what you had
written me earlier (see below), in reply to my earlier query about
whether "old"/"new" had not been inadvertenly swapped in your message,
that the URL I had already posted was indeed the NEW one and not the
old one.) And I thought the text I posted was precisely the one you had
meant me to post.

Yes, please do post directly to the list exactly what you had intended
to appear there. Meanwhile, I hasten to post this corrigendum, with the
PDF for the NEW APS copyright form attached.

It is also archived at:
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Temp/APS/copy_trnsfr.pdf

[What apparently happened was that your message, message, which I
posted, had had the old but not the new PDF file attached to IT!]

Apologies,

Stevan

------