Re: Project RoMEO Listing of Journal Copyright Agreements

From: Sally Morris <sec-gen_at_alpsp.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:30:33 +0000

Our own survey, Scholarly Publishing Practice, surveyed publishers
rather than journals; we covered 149 worldwide, including all of the
largest players. We found that just under half permitted self-archiving
of preprints (more common with larger publishers); more than half
(around 55%) permitted self-archiving of the published version.

So it appears that our findings are very much in line with those of ROMEO

Sally Morris, Chief Executive
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK

Phone: +44 (0)1903 871686 Fax: +44 (0)1903 871457
E-mail: chief-exec_at_alpsp.org
ALPSP Website http://www.alpsp.org

Our journal, Learned Publishing, is included in the
ALPSP Learned Journals Collection, www.alpsp-collection.org