Re: new faculty and IR publications

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:37:15 -0400

Another personal opinion:

(1) Deposit all refereed journal postprints, of all institutional researchers, in the IR.

(2) If the publisher is Green on some OA repository or other (regardless of whether institutional or central), consider it Green, simpliciter, and set access in the IR as OA immediately upon acceptance for publication.

(3) If the publisher is not Green, deposit in the IR immediately on acceptance just the same, and set access as Closed Access if you wish.

(4) Make sure the IR has the semi-automatic "email eprint request" Button (to provide access during any Closed Access embargo period).
http://openaccess.eprints.org/index.php?/archives/274-guid.html

Chrs, Stevan