Re: Nihil obstat

From: Andy Powell <andy.powell_at_EDUSERV.ORG.UK>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 13:20:30 +0100

> > All of which leads to a very simple question... does this list
> > actually need moderation?
>
> Unless you want to see the dozens of spams that appear in my
> gmail box every day, you better keep this a moderated list.

This seems odd to me!?

I'm on several tens of mailing lists and this is the only one that is
manually moderated at the per-message level (as far as I know). I don't
see "dozens of spams" via those other lists so either the list software
that they use is working more effectively or my personal spam filters
are trapping it for me (I assume the former since spam doesn't obviously
appear in the list archives of those other lists either).

So if spam is the reason for the current approach I suggest that someone
looks into the technology to see if it can do better?

Andy
--
Head of Development, Eduserv Foundation
http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/