Stephen Hart MSc BSc (Hons) CISSP CISM
- Personal homepage
Stephen Hart is a PhD student in the Cyber Security group of the School of Electronics and Computer Science at the University of Southampton. His PhD focuses on the role of gamification in cyber security education and privacy management in organisations.
Stephen achieved a distinction in an MSc in Cyber Security with Southampton University. The MSc Cyber dissertation was titled “Novel Access Control for SQL Database, Hosted in the Microsoft Azure Cloud”. The paper proposes a novel approach to designing a database to make it GDPR compliant. Stephen is also a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certifed Information Security Manager (CISM) and completed BSc in Information Technology and Management and MSc in Development Management with the Open University.
Experienced senior information and cyber security professional who shapes and delivers strategic visions underpinning national IT Information security, which leads to a dramatic transformation of corporate landscapes including the eradication of IT vulnerabilities. Champions change and process re-engineering, envisions innovative solutions to complex problems, using the latest tools & technologies within the IT & cyber security arena, and generates business cases for presentation to C-Level stakeholders for radical programmes. A true advocate for the safeguarding business-critical systems, networks and infrastructures, evaluates vulnerabilities and devises short, medium and long term strategies for the deployment of information security technologies, involving the consolidation of data centres, secure web hosting and ITIL-based service delivery. He currently works as a security manager in the payments industry protecting over 8 billion annual payment worth approx. £7.4 trillion.
- MSc Cyber Security, Distinction GCHQ/NCSC Certified Master’s degree
- MSc Dissertation Title: “Novel Access Control for SQL Database Hosted in the Microsoft Azure Cloud” (To make it GDPR compliant)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) ID# 1944150
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), ID# 574837
- Diploma in Digital Marketing (2013), Chartered Institute of Marketing
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, British Computer Society (2013)
- MSc in Development Management (2008-2009), Open University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Development Management (2005-2006), Open University
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) - 2003
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) SQL 2000 - 2003
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) – 2001
- BSc (Hons) IT & Management (1995-2000), Open University
- Diploma in Computing (1997-1998), Open University
- Professional Diploma in Management (1995-1996), Open University