Stephen Hart MSc BSc (Hons) CISSP CISM
Stephen Hart is part time PhD student funded by University of Southampton Cyber Security Academy the draft title for his PhD is "A Serious Game for Risk Management". Stephen has completed his first year in which he created a board game called Riskio.
Stephen achieved a distinction in an MSc in Cyber Security with Southampton University. The MSc Cyber dissertation was titled “Novel Access Control for SQL Database, Hosted in the Microsoft Azure Cloud”. The paper proposes a novel approach to designing a database to make it GDPR compliant. Stephen is also a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) , Certifed Information Security Manager (CISM) and completed BSc in Information Technology and Management and MSc in Development Management with the Open University.
He is an experienced senior executive with extensive commercial and leadership experience gained throughout a range of industries including financial services in London, Middle East and Africa. In his last position before starting his MSc he was Deputy IT Director responsible for the infrastructure for the island government of Jersey. In this role he supported 7,000 active users; Data Centres; VoIP phone network (5,000 extensions) Network 113 locations; and on-going development of corporate applications. Key to this role was protecting critical government services and information from cyber-attacks. He currently works as security manager in the payments industry protecting over 8 billion annual payment worth approx. £6.4 trillion.
- MSc Cyber Security, Distinction GCHQ/NCSC Certified Master’s degree
- MSc Dissertation Title: “Novel Access Control for SQL Database Hosted in the Microsoft Azure Cloud” (To make it GDPR compliant)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) ID# 1944150
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), ID# 574837
- Diploma in Digital Marketing (2013), Chartered Institute of Marketing
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, British Computer Society (2013)
- MSc in Development Management (2008-2009), Open University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Development Management (2005-2006), Open University
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) - 2003
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) SQL 2000 - 2003
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) – 2001
- BSc (Hons) IT & Management (1995-2000), Open University
- Diploma in Computing (1997-1998), Open University
- Professional Diploma in Management (1995-1996), Open University