The School of Electronics and Computer Science (ECS) at the University of Southampton is delighted to announce the Zepler Scholarship Scheme. This provides £1,000 for all students in the first year of their degree* who meet all the following conditions:
* attended† our Electronics and Computer Science or Biomedical Electronic Engineering Taster Course in 2019, 2020 or 2021 - all students that attended will be considered;
* selected an ECS degree at Southampton as their firm acceptance through UCAS, and enrol on this programme;
* meet (or exceed) their offer and obtain at least A*AA at A-Level (to include/exclude any subjects specified in the wording);
* are eligible for UK fees;
* as the 2020 Taster Course was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, any student who was accepted onto the Taster Course will be considered to have ‘attended’ for the purposes of the scholarship.
Eric Zepler founded the Department of Electronics, Telecommunications and Radio Engineering at Southampton in 1947. It was the first electronics department in this country.Discover more about Eric Zepler
* Scholarships are payable at the end of the first term of study in year 1. All information correct at the time of publication (June 2020). Students may only receive one scholarship from the University of Southampton in any one year (however they may hold both a University scholarship and bursary).
† As the 2020 Taster Course was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, any student who was accepted onto the Taster Course will be considered to have ‘attended’ for the purposes of the scholarship.